Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bubonic Cold


I'm sure I am being overly dramatic,
but my husband was sick all last week,
and now I definitely have gotten it too...
It feels like a plague... but it's merely a Bubonic Cold.
Now, I realize this is not the middle ages,
and I'm hardly at Death's door.
Yet I'm feeling hellish just the same.
All snot, all wore out,cannot care enough-
to peel myself out of my pj's.
My whole head feels like a massive implosion or explosion,
cannot decide which,
just feel horrible and sick.
ick, can you pass me another kleenex?
It does not matter actually-
I am mostly just congested,
since i took a 12 hour sudafed about 7 hours ago.
It's definitely some sort of bubonic head cold.
I have no appetite what so ever...just so hot then cold.

I have grand plans, in the scheme of things, to take a hot shower-
and then create a VAT of chicken soup-which I hope i drown in.
(not really just kidding. but cold's suck.)****damn-husband's home and insisting I try to eat real food not soup.
My husband is an excellent cook/chef/what-have-you...He is bbq-ing pork chops and making my favorite lipton mushroom rice, probably also have baked beans. (I still want soup.) But I cannot turn him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment