Saturday, May 25, 2013

tired and wore out by Emily Sturgill

Tired and wore out, wore down,
exhausted both mentally and physically-
ill both mentally and physically.
Somethings just not right
i had another panic attack
last night.
the ones where i forget
the simplistic natural art
of breathing in and out.
gasping, groaning, doing
a freak out.
I'm not sure what triggered it??/
a little bit of nothingness-
a whole lot of everything.
Just really starting to feel,
the flip side of the coin
less than ideal.
the side with the sad face,
instead of a smiley happy face.
the sorrow i keep gathered
under my bed of feathers
sorrow breeds depression
while depression breeds discontent,
resulting into an
overabundance of frustrated tears.
I am just hoping,
and praying that /
this time will be different/
please do not let things
remain unhinged.
if they do,
i will surely break again,
right down the middle,
split in half.....
my bipolar skin-case
for all the world to see
to create a mockery
of me and my crazy-train
i rode in on.
but still lingers the sparse flower,
the reddest rose, itself contains
a glimmer of hope
for me to cling onto
yet beware the thorns.
yes, beware the thorns,
beware the thorns.
they are real,
and they make us bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment