Saturday, May 18, 2013

travel ticket

Travel Ticket-originally posted on wordpress.com, sex in the kitchen sink blog-earlier today.

Travel Ticket by Emily Sturgill


Oh, the places, I will go,
just with a cup of hot, darken, black coffee,
and a single scratched up CD.
The music invokes memories.
Nothing specific, yet allows my mind the freedom-
to travel freely floating by,
on a chorus or a verse...
Time, is one thing I have plenty.
If my CD skips a beat, I just wait it out, nothing is sweating me.
The southern twang to a voice, a bluesy pitch, a melody-
something like a story-
somebody's singing crazy, good tunes, and I love
the honesty that lies in the land,
of The Blues.
A single song on repeat,
could transport me-anywhere-a story
or a fantasy or even a dream?
Pour yourself a cup of caffeine, grab a chair, and
put some music on-
come travel with me,
tickets to unknown destinations-
all paid for-
for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment