Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Gemstones

Violet Gemstones
of amethyst,
lie solid in secret at
the bottom of the sea

jewels dripping
from forgotten treasure,
that a pirate so very long ago,
just completely grabbed and stole.

a thief in the night
violet gemstones
they sleep
with the fish.

a thief in the night
came and flat out
stole my precious tear-drops

ripping them from
my empty yet righteous
soul, running water
drips no more.

i awaken
without the sorrow
of the dawn,

yet i feel exhausted,
as if sleep betrayed me.
I look down at my fist,
crumpled I am holding,

what appears to be
a tattered and worn
pirates map.

my dream of purple and violet
gemstones? They crashed, and lapped
upon a sea, filled with dreams,

I will not recall,
at all, in the morning.
retaining only fragments,
of a dream, here or there,

one or two, a crumpled map,
a seashell and some sand
and an empty recollection

of a visit from,
a man made up
entirely of sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment