Sunday, April 14, 2013

If shiba Inus could speak


If shiba inus could speak-what exactly would ours say?
He has all the wisdom inside him,
of a dog 11 years old-77 in dog years.
Of course we assume, he has in fact
bilingualism, being that his breed
hails from Japan.

Yet we raised him in English,
teaching him to sit,stay and give paw.
Even up until this day, his stubbornness, overcomes any
ability to come when called,

If I were to write him words,
what would he say to us after all these years?
Probably this:
Please come out and play, I have
had a hard day
of watch-dogging your house,
while you were away.

Let's go on another walk, or if you wish,
you can leave me here to sunbath and twist
into the rays of sun which hit the back porch.

If you do not mind, I could use a belly rub.
I am the leader of this pack,
and they are a motley crew, it's tough
to keep the other two
dogs in line-not to mention those damn cats.

My job is not easy. I am ever on vigil, always on guard.
When you let me out near bedtime,
I will sit there and howl.
Howling at the shadows and the sounds
the noisy neighbors make.

I love my pack and family
very much. I am loyal almost to
a flaw. Once I swear alliance to you,
then that's forever.

I will be your ever loyal Shiba Inu.
I will go out of my way for you,
all I ask of you,
is that you love me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment