Monday, April 1, 2013

the drama of words

http://sexinthekitchensink.wordpress.com/2013/04/02/promo-video-no-2-top-ten-reasons-you-should-buy-my-new-book/

This is from my other blog. It is called Sex in the kitchen sink and it is at wordpress.com

I thought I would attempt keeping two poetry blogs,
going at once, simultaneously,
as if i were an eight year old girl again-
attempting to jump-rope
with friends.

but hey, not eight years old-
anymore closer to 31 more years to
that. and I think with writing more than one
poetry blog, i just threw out
my back.

i'm under attack.
clearly i'm an idiot either way,
with one lump or two,
please pass some sugar,
damn you!

i'm bitter, i'm old, i'm old-fashioned
i'm punk-rock, i've moon-rocked, and i recall,
the days when MTV was the next big thing,
nowadays everyone's obsessed with fruit-

an apple a day keeps the doctor away,
my mother used to say,
but these days if you aren't talking Apple,
then clearly your not Z-
PAD, or "EYE" ready...
for the next nifty
gadget.

times better spent,
reading old books, then surfing
the internet,
I would much rather
be staring at a starlit night
then my laptop screen-on all night.

I've ran the gambit,
and lost my entire point,
to my overflowing prose,
sometime ago,
long long long,
ago

see above.
i was 8 years old and
I was skipping jump-ropes,
when suddenly I freeze
begin to gag and choke

on the power of
the emptiness of
the drama of

words.

No comments:

Post a Comment