Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Meltdowns from madness

In the past 48 hours,
I have had expert doctors offer,
to give me a complete and total hysterectomy-
that was on Tuesday, now on Weds,
a different doctor
is trying her best to suggest
i just let them remove
my entire right kidney

that in my situation that is by far the
best approach and considered "standard"
treatment.she then ordered blood work
her vast mistake was to leave
"us" me and my husband alone way too long.

Because my meltdown was going to happen,
we both could feel it -the tightness, the tingling right
before a thunder-storm.
My eyes began to tear up in frustration.

My husband saw this,
wisely he said, if you are going to cry about it,
then lets get the hell out of here.
so we did.
I felt better after our flight-

running out to the car.
ugh, so much angry.
how dare you tell me what i must
do with my own body?

I tried to tell her, I am very uncomfortable.
I do not wish to come back.
I tried to say fuck you I am leaving
in ways less words than that and not so crass.

I cannot take this shit.
Really right now?
oh on,top of living with chronic pain-
you are going to insist
that I need to remove an entire kidney,

just in case its kidney cancer?
no biopsy-no proof- you refused
to even give me a PET scan...

No comments:

Post a Comment