Friday, April 19, 2013

Midnight night noise

Night sounds,
as it is past 12:00 AM, and clearly
time for my bed.
but instead i listen softly,
to the man i love breathing even in harmony-
with a natural peaceful state of sleep.
Sometimes he snores.
this is natural too-a thing which once annoyed me-
yet now i've grown accustom too.

It's reassuring-if he's snoring,
definitely for sure then,
I know he has not stopped breathing.

my light tapping on my laptop-keys,
have awoken the mighty
husband beast, from the depths
of where he sleeps.

So yeah, I will probably have
to ends these words soon,
or hear another lecture,
on my manic-depressive nature,
and all doom and gloom.

in general, i do try
to keep a normal bedtime.
it's normally midnight for me.
And, if i stay up a little later?

Hubby does not like it too much.
He does not approve of me
pulling another crazy pitstop,
just motions away
from the landscape
where my manias
come out and play.

Night Sounds.
Midnight Night Noise.
Right before I fall
into a dream-filled sleep,
of hazy things I will be unable
to recall in the Morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment