Saturday, April 6, 2013

Painting Pictures by Emily Sturgill April 6,2013

Painting Pictures

Painting pictures,
I always begin background first.
A abstract melting of colors
unto a crisp white canvas
or piece of cold-press watercolor paper.

I play and I watch as the colors
run into one another.
Then they begin to tell me
stories. Of what is next to come.

I take my time.
I watch until the painting
speaks my name-
it tells me when its done.

When I use that part of my
brain to paint, to play, to create
I am not concentrating.
instead I am letting go.

The paint will help tell me,
the places it needs to be.
I am a happy observer
of an accidental drip
down a page.

to paint is to be free.
for me at least, it means thinking less,
not more. I just do it to be happy,
and if I am lucky, it will make
other happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment